Corporate Social Responsibility
- Helped design and deliver employee involvement in wellness training for CIGNA Healthcare employees and key clients at their annual conference in Savannah, Georgia.
- John Godec is the former Director of Issues and Crisis Management for the global Semiconductor Products Sector of Motorola Corporation. Developed a corporate program and supervised a staff guiding an $8-billion form to be, and be recognized, as a credible and responsible corporate citizen. Developed and implemented a crisis prevention and management program for 32 manufacturing and design facilities around the world, employing more than 50,000 people.
- Managed community relations for the Motorola 52nd Street federal Superfund and East Washington area state Superfund site in Phoenix. Conducted public meetings and established a neighborhood citizen’s advisory group, meeting weekly to reestablish credibility of the US EPA and ADEQ, which had been seriously eroded. Improved relationships with community activists and implemented an 18-month community relations plan which defused most community opposition to government efforts.
- Consulted on community relations activities for the Motorola 56th Street state Superfund site. Conducted public and media presentations on an innovative bioremediation pilot treatment system at the site.
- Authored “Engaging the Public on Development and Siting Issues,” for Arizona Public Service (APS), the state’s largest electric utility, which guides economic development professionals, businesses, and governments in preventing public outrage and protest.
- Co-produced a comprehensive communication manual and guide for Motorola workforce redeployment and reductions used by the company during an extensive downsizing effort involving manufacturing and design facilities throughout the United States and Asia.
- Managed community relations for Cyprus/Miami Copper Co. Pinal Creek State Superfund remedial investigation and design with oversight by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ). Co-wrote and produced newsletter, hosted informational open house events, worked with a responsible party contractor in production of informational materials, displays and video. Acted as news-media spokesperson answering health and environmental questions. Established relationships with local environmental activists.