Transportation and Infrastructure
- On-call consultant to the Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) for on-line presence, printed outreach products, video development and production and communication strategy.
- On-call consultant and team leader to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) for public information, education, engagement, conflict resolution, training and facilitation projects.
- Developed and managed an innovative and extensive public information and involvement effort for the $75-million SR51 Piestwa Peak Freeway design-build renovation. This 10-mile corridor included additional lanes, new noise walls and extensions, drainage features, bridges and a new rubberized asphalt overlay. Project was completed in two years under traffic and in a highly congested residential area.
- GRA is managing an extensive public involvement and consensus building effort for the redesign and environmental impacts of improving Pima Road which geographically divides the communities of Scottsdale, Arizona and the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community.
- GRA conducted an issue assessment and co-developed a public involvement plan for the Avenida Rio Salado project in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Managed communication effort for Southwestern State Transportation Department’s Quiet Roads program. The addition of smoother, quieter rubberized asphalt to the Phoenix urban freeway system was initially met with significant public concern and negative news media coverage. GRA was enlisted to develop a comprehensive issue assessment and management plan, and a public information and media relations campaign to communicate facts of the issue. The Quiet Roads program resulted in overwhelming neighborhood and driver acceptance and very positive ongoing news coverage.
- Developed and implemented an internal and public communication plan for HB Zachry’s construction of a new Arizona electric generation facility.
- Developed a public communication strategy for the expansion, construction and air quality permit revision for Phoenix Cement, located near Clarkdale, Arizona, and owned by the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community.
- Organized and facilitated a highly contentious public meeting regarding the siting and permitting of a proposed 500+ megawatt electrical co-generation facility near Kingman, Arizona.
- Conducted training and helped design communication strategy for principles and consultants of Alliance Pipeline, a limited partnership of 17 U.S. and Canadian petroleum companies siting and constructing a 1,900-mile high-pressure natural gas pipeline from British Columbia to Illinois.
- Conducting an extensive public involvement and information effort in conjunction with the re-construction of the Grand, Glendale and 59th Avenue intersection located adjacent to historic downtown Glendale, Arizona in 2005.
- Managed public involvement effort for Red Mountain Freeway, Power to University, initial design concept. Effort resulted in active citizen and public support for the design of two new modern roundabout traffic interchanges in 2003 and 2004.
- Managed and facilitated an agency, city and neighborhood consensus on Loop 101 freeway noise issue near McCormick Ranch in Scottsdale in 2002.
- Managed extensive region-wide public involvement and consensus effort for the Maricopa Association of Governments Regional Transportation Plan (Proposition 400). Extension of the half-cent sales tax initiative passed overwhelmingly in 2004.
- Oversaw the public information and involvement effort for the State Route 51 Piestwa Peak freeway Design/Build project in Phoenix in 2003 and 2004.
Leave a Reply