Home › Projects › Stakeholder Relations and Consensus Building
Stakeholder Relations and Consensus Building
- Worked with PNM – New Mexico training senior siting staff on effective public involvement practices.
- Working with the U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution, FHWA, a State Transportation Agency and a variety of Indian Tribes to find consensus on cultural resource issues related to transportation planning, design and construction.
- Developed strategy, reached a public and government consensus, planned and executed a successful public involvement program and informational open houses in Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora.The program was instituted in response to extraordinary media attention and severely eroded credibility of authorities dealing with environmental and health issues along the US/Mexico border. An outreach program was eventually conducted in full partnership with a nationally known citizen activist group, Living Is For Everyone (LIFE). Helped facilitate opening of a local dedicated LIFE office.
- Proposed and helped facilitate opening of the local offices of the two state regulatory agencies involved. Designed a communications plan to overcome a local illiteracy rate twice that of the state average. Produced a public open house/health fair held in Nogales, Arizona as well as Nogales, Sonora, after winning support from the Mexican government.
- An environmental/health communications program was then instituted for border sister communities. Proposed and received federal funding to produce an innovative prototype informational bilingual video. Received commitments from border cable television outlets for regular broadcast and reached agreements with libraries and video rental stores to make program available for free distribution.
- City of Phoenix Environmental Quality Commissioner
- Co-Chair Valley Forward Association.
- Represented Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) on a committee charged with devising state implementation of lead-based paint policy drafted by Housing and Urban Development and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Helped plan the facilitation of a meeting to deal with Mexico mobile emissions modeling for the Western Governors’ Association.
- Master of Ceremonies for Arizona Governor’s statewide Spirit of Excellence Awards program and presentation.
- Former City of Scottsdale Environmental Quality Advisory Board member.
- Past Vice President, Executive Board member and Communications Chair of Arizona Clean & Beautiful, an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful.
Leave a Reply